• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS TUF Sabertooth X99 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

ASUS continues its assault on the X99/Haswell-E motherboard scene with the release of their new TUF Sabertooth X99 motherboard. If enthusiast-level performance coupled with server grade stability and reliability is something that catches your eye, then ASUS thinks they have the answer in the TUF Sabertooth X99 motherboard. The motherboard has everything you'd expect from a Sabertooth offering, but also offers new technologies like support for NVMe and USB 3.1. Sound good? Let's go find out just how good!
Click here to view the article.

3-Way sli bridge

Does this board actually come with a 3 way sli bridge? All the reviews says it does yet it's never pictured, I was wondering due to the z97 esk spacing barring most bridges from working on it, thanks.

Taken straight from the review...

Here is a list of all the accessories included.

User’s manual
Accessory Guide
ASUS Q-Shield
6 x SATA 6Gb/s cables
ASUS 2-Way/3-Way SLI bridge
Support DVD
Q-connector (2 in 1)
Assistant Fan (40mm)
TUF Certification card
TUF 5 Year Warranty manual
TUF Inside/STAY COOL BE TUF stickers
3 x Thermistor cables

I dont see it included.

Email ASUS for confirmation, then report back with your findings. :)

Or, just buy one... they are cheap.

*I'll update this comment when I get a response*

I would but there are 2 things stopping me, 1 the price of the board skimping on the accessories is a bit weak. But I understand it was never geared towards 3 way sli. 2 it uses a awkward spacing, any suggestions on bridges to look for?

To quickly answer here... My question out of the gate is why multiple cards in the first place? Do you game higher than 2560x1440? Or have a 120MHz monitor? If not, then a single card is the way to go in my opinion. No issues that multiple cards have (heat/power consumption/improper scaling/driver issues)!

But I am not sure what you use your PC for... etc to choose a motherboard/system.

As far as bridges go, just get a long flexible one that will span the needed length. You can take a ruler and measure from slot to slot then use the googles to convert to mm and look up a proper length.

7680x1440, tri isnt a nessecary, but I'd like to know I could drop a third card in down the line when newer games demand more horsepower, haven't had tri since my 285 gtx's

Whoa... yeah, you need two monster cards for that...

Well, the board supports 3 cards it seems, you just need a bridge. I wouldn't let that alone sway you from the board... but there are cheaper that will be fine.

I assume you are going 5930K since it allows more PCIe lanes?

(you really need a signature with your hardware listed in it...)

If you want help from here, you would want to start your own thread and list the hardware. ;)

Good luck! :)

Back