• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7600k Max Vcore 1.52v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

I am wondering what the max vcore for the 7600k is for 24/7 long term stability. I typically only replace my CPUs every four generations so I would like it to last awhile. According to Intel the maximum long-term stable voltage is 1.52v which seems insanely high for this chip. That would get most people to like 5.4 GHz.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...esktop-s-processor-lines-datasheet-vol-1.html

Page 114.

I am running the Evo 212 but my CPU is delided with UltraCool liquid TIM so temps should not be an issue regardless of how high I go.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I doubt you will run it fully stable at even 1.4V+ on air cooling. 1.52V is absolute maximum in Intel specs. On typical water cooling, CPU without delidding hits 95°C+ under full load at 1.35V. 5.4GHz is possible at 1.5V but on sub zero cooling. On SS/Dice cooling these chips can make +30-40°C under load at 1.5V.
Max for long use will be ~1.4V. Still I'm not sure if you won't see faster degradation.

I still laugh at MSI 1.52V 5.2GHz AIO profile.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Temps will still be an issue at 1.52V in the evo. It's a great bang for your buck cooler, but isn't top notch..

trents

Most people around here will advise you not to run more than 1.4 vcore 24/7.

wingman99

Intels 1.52v Maximum Core voltage does not take in account for overclocking with increased amperage, it is for stock tolerances.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
There is no way that voltage can go above VID range during normal work. Voltage spikes can happen when motherboard has problems with power delivery but there is no way it will run at so high voltage as 1.52V for longer. Simply there is no way to raise A without raising V and V is within VID range. What you have in Intel specs table is theoretical maximum voltage which is counted as safe for short period of time. I doubt that Intel tested it on multiple processors during longer full load tests.
Motherboard manufacturers say that max safe voltage for longer use is ~1.42V. It's based on their internal stability tests. I'm not sure if it's true and personally I wouldn't run any CPU at more than ~1.35V 24/7.
For 24/7 work I'm using ~1.2V. Still I've noticed that my 6800K which was running at 1.22V for about 4 months is losing stability now and I had to set 1.25V to stabilize it. That's maybe not Kaby Lake but I feel it degraded at even so low voltage.

wingman99

I have seen stock Vcore as far as 1.45v on a i7 6700k with turbo boost at Maximum and and I'm sure that is not the highest VID out in the wild. The actual Vcore reading can be off. Also I said tolerance that also includes voltage spikes.
1.52v specification is not theoretical operating voltage running stock, it's based on estimates and simulations or empirical data. The voltage specification requirements are measured with an oscilloscope.

1.52 Vcore Max..JPG
1.52Vcore notes.JPG