• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Lian Li PC-O8 Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today for your reading pleasure, a product that's hot off the assembly line from Lian Li! This is their brand new PC-O8 ATX cube case. A completely new design to the Lian Li lineup, this case is set for the top-end of the market. Kick back, grab your reading glasses, and see what sets this apart from other cube cases out there.

Click here to view the article.

Feel free to fire any questions my way, I expect I'll have this one on-hand a while to answer :)

Beautiful case, but a painful price tag!

Nice review, Austin!

Beautiful case, but a painful price tag!

Nice review, Austin!

Thanks Janus! It is a hard price to swallow, but I feel it's worth it.

How does this stack up to your Corsair cube ?

Leaps and bounds better.
The only place where the Air 540 is superior is where it has the front 3x120mm fans placed.

With some creative modding, if you don't need the drive cage, you could fit 7.120 worth of radiator in this case.
The overall build quality and extra features are a huge advantage toward the Lian Li. It's like comparing a Civic to a Maserati.

Did you notice that the tempered glass reduced overall noise versus acrylic of other cases?

Did you notice that the tempered glass reduced overall noise versus acrylic of other cases?

That isn't something I noticed.
To get an accurate reading of this, you would have to use the same hardware in the same case with the two different window materials.

That isn't something I noticed.
To get an accurate reading of this, you would have to use the same hardware in the same case with the two different window materials.

Good point, wasn't sure if the equipment was the same you've used in other cases or not.

Good point, wasn't sure if the equipment was the same you've used in other cases or not.

I have, but the fan layout is very different and the case fans themselves are different.

I have, but the fan layout is very different and the case fans themselves are different.

I had won a Lian-Li case from Dazmode, PC100 I think. Nice case, nicely laid out lots of storage options for a small case and very unique. It is set up in reverse but the did the very same thing funny fan spacing for a case that was sent out for review to a water cooling place. No way you could mount a rad without modding the case, how wants to do that with a $200+ case.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "mount a rad without moving the case"

Thanks for the review.

Must resist this case. I have too many Lian-Li cases already and need better hardware to go inside.

Darn spell check on my phone ...... meant modding and it is fixed.

Well, the only modding on this one would be if you wanted to fit more than a 360mm, 240mm, and 120mm.
That's quite a bit of radiator, and if modded could hold another 240, but would require removing the HDD cage completely.

Its a nice case but at 400 more then I would spend wiith the way I change cases I already have a $300 case sitting collecting dust with my Cosmos II.

Its a nice case but at 400 more then I would spend wiith the way I change cases I already have a $300 case sitting collecting dust with my Cosmos II.

I'm the opposite, I used my $50 NZXT M59 from back in 2010 until earlier this year.
I can only imagine how long I'd keep a case I paid $400 for.

I'm the opposite, I used my $50 NZXT M59 from back in 2010 until earlier this year.
I can only imagine how long I'd keep a case I paid $400 for.

The case is really nice, however, at that price, you are getting close to what a Case Labs case costs. I've had my Lian Li A70f for quite a long time. As with nearly all Lian Li cases, the quality is top notch.

The case is really nice, however, at that price, you are getting close to what a Case Labs case costs. I've had my Lian Li A70f for quite a long time. As with nearly all Lian Li cases, the quality is top notch.

This is true, but a comparable CaseLabs case would be the Mercury S8.
Once you get it spec'd similar to this Lian Li it's $415, it arrives unassembled, and it is a 5-6 week wait after ordering.
You still don't get the nice brushed aluminum finish or tempered glass of the Lian Li, though.

Also, the cheapest shipping on CaseLabs is $35 for the S8 (for me), I'm assuming once the PC-O8 hits e-tailers like Newegg and Amazon that shipping will be much less.

Don't get me wrong, CaseLabs makes awesome cases, but I don't think it's quite that close considering all I just mentioned.

Back