• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE HIS R9 380 IceQ x2 OC Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, we have an opportunity to review one of AMD's 'new' video cards, the R9 380. After AMD's exciting release of the Fury X and upcoming Fury, we are starting to see the rest of the lineup begin to fill in. Overclockers.com will start off with an offering from HIS, specifically the R9 380 IceQ X2 OC 2GB. HIS strapped on their IceQ X2 cooler on the R9 380 and gives it a slight bump in clock speed. Traditionally, the HIS IceQ X2 coolers do a great job at quietly managing thermals while the cards themselves offer great performance. It is time to see if all that still holds true!

Click here to view the article.

Nice review, Joe. Looks like it fits the $200 price points pretty well when looking at new cards on the market.

with the small price difference on the HIS models from 2gb to 4gb its hard to see why someone would get the 2gb card. i see the 2gb on newegg for $199 and the 4gb card for $219. now i couldnt find the HIS 4gb card on newegg through their search feature, i found on their site through google. :confused:

Thanks for the review! Any chance you could use a broader range of colors for the bar graphs? The bars themselves are easy to distinguish, but it's hard to distinguish a couple of the colors in the key to tell which bars go with which cards.

with the small price difference on the HIS models from 2gb to 4gb its hard to see why someone would get the 2gb card. i see the 2gb on newegg for $199 and the 4gb card for $219. now i couldnt find the HIS 4gb card on newegg through their search feature, i found on their site through google. :confused:

Completely agree. I can't imagine why they even bothered with a 2gb version at this point. Seems like a very decent card for the money, but spend the 20 bucks to ensure you aren't hitting frame limits due to low vram.

Back