• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Reeven Ouranos Heatsink Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Reeven seems to be making quite a splash. The company describes themselves:
REEVEN is a newly established international manufacturer of PC related products. REEVEN’s product lines includes the best quality of advanced CPU coolers, cooling fans, PC cases and many other items. The target of our products will be a wide range of audience under our philosophy “Professional Quality Gears”, for products that will withstand the highest demand.

So, they are offering a range of fans, heatsinks and cases to us enthusiasts. In this review we will look at Reeven’s Ouranos, which is Greek for ‘the heavens’ or ‘celestial.’ Does this heatsink provide ‘celestial’ cooling? Let us investigate.

Click here to view the article.

If I still used air, this would be the one heatsink I'd buy.
Beastly heatsink. Seems they hit the nail on the head :thup:

Thanks for the write up eHume!

You're confused. I was blown away. Remember, this system also shows the Ninja beating the NH-D15 and NH-D15S.

Also, I am using Linpack with AVX2 and harvesting the plateaus rather then averaging the entire trace. This maximizes the heat you get from any particular overclock. I don't know if this is relevant or not, but that is one way my reviews differ from other reviews on the web.

I have been watching heatsink reviews for years. They do vary. Not only that, but Skinnee Labs showed us that mounts matter. But I did re-test the NH-D15 and got within a fraction of a degree of the previous mount, so it is a consistent finding. As shown by some 2006 testing at Overclockers, mount pressure makes a huge difference. That is one reason I look at springs -- which indicate that the manufacturer is staying at Intel's recommended 50 lbf. Having no springs allows a heatsink mount to exceed this. That is why I don't leave a heatsink like this on my test system.

Putting my hand behind the heatsink was a way of feeling the heat directly. I didn't believe my own findings. As noted by Blaylock, the 8mm heatpipes may make a difference. Personally, I think the the whole combination -- convexity, mount pressure, heatpipes and fins -- makes a difference. Why this differs from other results: there are always outliers.

At bottom, I think we must accept that different people have different systems that respond to different heatsinks differently. So you must read all of them, and make up your mind what you want.

As for me, I keep all of my better heatsinks. For my personal use I tend to fall back on the Noctuas because they are known good and because they have the easiest of all mounts to use. But when I am testing various fans I use the Megahalems because it has no fans of its own and because it is sensitive to differing fans . . . and because it is so easy to re-mount the Noctuas.

But if I was on a budget, I'd consider the Ouranos. At least, I'd read all the reviews and make a decision. Your own mileage will certainly vary.

Last edited:
But if I was on a budget, I'd consider the Ouranos. At least, I'd read all the reviews and make a decision. Your own mileage will certainly vary.

Agreed.

Some variance is expected, but this much... well if peeps buy it they can gives us their own say in the matter ?

EVGA X99 Micro2 is only 63mm center CPU to near side of PCIe socket. R1 is 70mm

If I wanted to downgrade on the cooling but still have a good enough cooler to run dual cards. Which cooler should I get? I normally keep my system OC to 4.2 or in some occasion 4.5 since temps never reach even during stress test pass 68C.

Can the Reeven Ouranos RC-1401 fit perfectly on my motherboard? I like the looks of it too.

Last edited:
Running 2 GPU in is problematic in the best of conditions and CPU cooler needed is not an issue. Case airflow removing GPU heated exhaust and supplying GPUs and CPU cooler intakes with uncontaminated cool air is the challenge.

I don't mind helping, but all you need to do is look at the measurements of Ouranos to figure out if it will fit or not.

Yea I keep hearing about CF/SLI not being worth doing. I been debating if I should just leave the system as is since is working fine anyways. Next GPU step up for me will have to be a GTX 980ti or new AMD GPU when they are out. Was even considering a 295x2 but I was told today that I will run into the same CF issues even with a single card.

RAM Compatibility w X99 MBs?

Might this cooler interfere with RAM slots on the X99 MB? And, will it accommodate RAM w tall heatsinks? Reeven's site doesn't offer dims for clearance between CPU and heatsink.

Might this cooler interfere with RAM slots on the X99 MB?
Look at the photographs in the review again. Also look at the diagram.

And, will it accommodate RAM w tall heatsinks? Reeven's site doesn't offer dims for clearance between CPU and heatsink.

Why did you buy RAM with tall heatsinks? I had to dig up an old kit for the review. Always get low profile or utra-low profile RAM.

Back