• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7700k temps a bit high, GPU won't overclock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So this is a corsair 250D Case with not alot of breathing room to start with. The rad on the front of the case is for the hybrid GPU which is what needs to stay the coolest imo. I have 2 80mm fans blowing full blast on the back of the case sucking air in, and the CPU rad sucks air out. There just isn't enough airflow from those 2 80mm fans to have both rads sucking air out of the case as i think that would cause temp spikes. Right now the GPU doesn't hit over 52C on benchmarks and i have the it OC'd 75mhz which is about all it will take, but it's running 2012Mhz consistently with no crashes. The CPU is OC'd to 4.8Ghz and will get up to 72-75C under load while gaming, but no higher then that.

And if you are wondering, yes I have 2 fans blowing against each other, which seems counter productive but seems to be working since the CPU rad fan is in the middle sucking everything out. But this setup does cause my CPU rad fans to go full blast occasionally during gaming. Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

Attached is my idle temps.

Ok, I can point out numerous mistakes here which is why you have poor temps.

Cooling 101: Fans:

Front fans = IN
Bottom fans =IN
Rear fans =OUT
Top fans =OUT

Next: You have 80mm fans which is the worse fans to have. You're going to have alot of noise. Poor case choice. Not really much else can be done with that type of case and your cooling.

Also plz create a signature with your system specs:

Upper right> Settings
Left panel> Edit Signature
Create signature in box
Preview>Save

Idle temps dont mean much of anything.

Also, use the non GT realtemp.exe 8f you want to get rid of the extra space. That is for GulfTown which was a 6 core cpu. ;)

Temps seem ok to me. :)

Last edited:
Back