• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080 Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we will be reviewing our first ASUS GPU in the Pascal line, believe it or not! We will start out with their current 1080 flagship, the ROG Strix Gaming GTX 1080 OC. The ROG Strix series promises to be highly overclocked out of the box with its DirectCU III cooler, and has some fully customizeable RGB LED's on it as well some pretty good looks. Let's take a gander at some details and see what changes ASUS has made and how they shake out.

Click here to view the article.

Just saw this for "sale" at Microcenter for $610 (with instant saving and a $20 MIR), and I'm thinking of getting it to replace my 780TI, as I have been doing alot of 3D Vision gaming and it's really struggling to keep the FPS up in even simple games. But I'm wondering if I should wait till the 1080TI drops and hopefully get this even cheaper. Thoughts?

I have to imagine the price would drop when the 1080ti comes out. But, depends on how long you can wait.. not sure when the 1080ti is going to come out. A month.. two?

Back