• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It has been a little over two weeks since Kaby Lake hit the scene. As seen in our i7 7700K review, Instructions Per Clock (IPC)-wise, there are not many tangible changes from the 6700K for the common folk. However, for the enthusiast overclocker, that higher base clock and higher top end are really enticing. Now that the CPU is out, we are starting to see Intel's board partners, like ASUS, coming out with their Z270 motherboard lineup. In our hands right now we have the ROG Maximus IX Formula (MIXF moving forward). This board promises to be solid offering, specializing in (no particular order) overclocking, gaming, and in the aesthetics/looks area with its liberal use of shrouds and RGB LED's that many enthusiasts love these days. Take a look below at the specifications, features, and see how the MIXF fared in our testing!

Click here to view the article.

Always have love the ROG boards :)

Just digging the way they are integrating all the the water cooling enthusiast stuff fan/temp/and pump headers and software to control everything

You really have to utilize these features to justify the cost of the board, but really how sweet it is and I think worth it if you are big into water

I may be looking at one of these beast come x370 with a 10nm chip

Thinking the Apex will be the competition for the OCF and SOC boards moving forward

Have you seen the EX yet, looks crazy as well

Thanks for taking the time Joe

The APex is the OC board while teh Extreme has everything and a ktichen sink.. they both look awesome!!

We should be (one of 3) that gets the Apex for review. I hope to put it under LN2, however, since I moved my supplier now requires me to pick up in an open air truck (which I don't own), and have a proper lid.. killing me..

Nice write up Joe, it definitely is a fancy board.

This board will be the board for my new build on the raijintek paean or in the phanteks enthoo se primo/luxe but great review

Back