• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780 ti and 36x.xx GeForce drivers issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Hi all,

I got this used 780ti a few weeks ago.

It's a very decent clocker (1485/7900/1.18v gaming stable and 1524/8000/1.21v for benchmarks), and I am very happy with it except for the fact that any driver from 36x.xx gives me BSOD at warm boot (need to cold boot to get into Windows).

So, I am stuck for now with 355.xx, and I think that I will miss drivers new feature (like VR).

Any clue on how to fix it?

Thanks fellows.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
If there isn't a driver feature you have a specific need for right now, just stick to what you have.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Last good drivers which are not causing any issues on GTX700/900 cards are probably 358.91. I had a lot of issues with driver crashes on GTX780 and 360+ series and the same had my friend.
What more if you have Win10 then last updates are causing issues with power saving on some setups = driver crash or freezing for 1-2 seconds from time to time. My brother had to reinstall system to fix it ( now he knows that shouldn't use automatic updates ). I have a feeling like all Microsoft products are at constant beta stage.

Last edited:
OP
Tír na nÓg

Tír na nÓg

Thanks a lot Woomack!

Will try the 358.91.

JUst installed Win7 pn a spare drive for benchmarking. WIll check tonight.

Kenrou

Last solid drivers with "zero" issues and slight performance bump were the 362.00, after that was massive crashes, fans not working, GPU's getting burned if we're to believe the hype. 365.** although giving another slight performance boost, didn't fix the issues completely and still no functioning SLI. With 368.** there's lots of people complaining about browser crashing and several games getting TDR's :(