• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE How To Build a Quiet PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

In today's article, we highlight the necessary steps and considerations for planning and building the quietest PC possible. Many people make the mistake of just buying a silent case such as Antec's P101 Silent and expect pure silence. While the P101 Silent is an outstanding case and does eliminate the majority of internal noise, there is much more that needs to be addressed to minimize internal sound. Planning is essential and there are many factors that need to be determined. In this article, I will break down each component and identify how to reduce as much noise as we can.

Click here to view the article.

Nice Blaylock. Should be a Sticky.

Personal note: I bought MagLev fans when I was folding 24/7 and find them to be virtually silent. The noise/fan curve now (Foldless) wouldn't be noticecable over the span of a light year.

ROBERT! START FOLDING AGAIN! ;)

While highlighting a particular manufacturer, the article does provide all of the basics to consider to keep a machine quiet. I like to keep my machine sound level low to reduce noise pollution in the house. I think that it's important. Headphones/sets only protect you while your wearing them.

I'd love to Fold again Don. Problem is, since moving to the boonies, I still travel a lot, phone goes with me, and my only way of accessing the internet from home is via mobile hot spot tethering which runs at 1990's baud modem speeds most of the time. Three bars is signal strength for the most part, but 4G = 2G out here, and just when you need it most, 1 bar is gonna 'shut 'r down'. Elon Musk is launching a lot of satellites but it will be 2020 before Texas gets a signal.

I'd love to Fold again Don. Problem is, since moving to the boonies, I still travel a lot, phone goes with me, and my only way of accessing the internet from home is via mobile hot spot tethering which runs at 1990's baud modem speeds most of the time. Three bars is signal strength for the most part, but 4G = 2G out here, and just when you need it most, 1 bar is gonna 'shut 'r down'. Elon Musk is launching a lot of satellites but it will be 2020 before Texas gets a signal.
Not disbuting a single thing. I just want to bust your chops anyhow.

Back