• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950x3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryzenphoenix3d

Registered
hi guys i have the cpu in object but i need a hint for a motherboard i have a monitor aorus fi27q-p 165hz with classic hdmi and displayport and my doubt is can i use the dp type c port in the motherboard rog x670e extreme or rog x670e hero or meg x670e ace or aorus x670e master/extreme for my monitor?

You'd want to connect from your discrete video card's DisplayPort to the monitor's DisplayPort. Or from your video card's HDMI port, to the monitor's HDMI port.

You would use the video outputs or if the board has the capability, Thunderbolt 4/USB 4 Type-C ports. Some may not have that ability and use DP and HDMI.
only is gigabyte X670e master and gigabyte X670e extreme that have the hdmi and dp and dp alt mode right?Or with 1 adaptator true?And the only thunderbolt 4/usb 4 type c is the Rog x670e extreme right?

Ok thanks i take a look at the rog x670e extreme Gigabyte x670e extreme and Meg x670e ace

May I ask why you want to use that port? Why you can't you use a DP or HDMI output for iGPU?

Those are EXPENSIVE motherboards and, for most users, don't offer much more than something that costs half.

i have intel at the moment and i use the hdmi of the monitor in the motherboard z390 my cpu is a i9 9900k that i change with amd x3d!!!

So...... use the HDMI (or DP) in a less expensive motherboard with AMD X3D chip........it will save you hundreds of dollars.

You don't need to spend that much on a motherboard if you don't want.

So...... use the HDMI (or DP) in a less expensive motherboard with AMD X3D chip........it will save you hundreds of dollars.

You don't need to spend that much on a motherboard if you don't want.
Uhm you say ace or master or e-e will be a good choice?Or you say to buy 1 b650e?

You can buy a less expensive X670E or go B650E, yes. A majority of those boards will have HDMI/DP outputs for your iGPU.

Do you have a discrete GPU? If not, I assume you don't plan to play games with this new system?

at the moment no or better i have it but is one old gpu 560 gtx/4870 toxic edition i have buy the gpu in january but i am in first position (code) yes at the moment i play the game in 2560x1440p!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure how well or what games you're playing with iGPU at that res, but ok. The good news is that the iGPU on the AMD is a bit better than that Intel you're using now. :)

You're buying a new GPU in 8 months? January... ok.

no january of this year because i have wait two year for an nvidia and don't see the gpu i hope that the powercolor 7900xtx red devil limited edition arrive at my home

no january of this year because i have wait two year for an nvidia and don't see the gpu i hope that the powercolor 7900xtx red devil limited edition arrive at my home
Ok, well.... keep us posted! Post some pictures when you have it built...

... feel free to ask more questions!!!

Ok, well.... keep us posted! Post some pictures when you have it built...

... feel free to ask more questions!!!
ok thanks ah for the nvme i have buy the sk hynix p41 platinum 2 tb for the ram i don't know if 6000 or 6400!!!!!

Last edited:
ah i have thinked i take 1 cable that have hdmi at 1 side and the other side usb type c is a good idea?

1 cable for the monitor 1 side hdmi and 1 side usb type c for the 6000 is ok xpg or gskill or kingston or corsair?

Last edited:
Back