• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Releases 20.7.1 Drivers Promising Increased Stability, adds Bug Report Tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just tried the new 20.7.1 (amazingly stable compared to the last few), but although it fixed bugs and raised my scores/FPS in nearly everything it also raised my Hot Spot temperature by 10c+, to the point that I had to redo my fan profiles.

Silent 24/7 — 2000mhz (~1950mhz effective), 1025mv — before ~70c, after ~80c (40% fan speed) — no sensor goes above ~70c except Hot Spot

Benchmarking — 2200mhz (~2150mhz effective), 1175mv — before ~95c — after ~110c (100% fan speed) — no sensor goes above ~75c except Hot Spot (even at 70% fan speed)

This doesn't make any sense, where the hell is the drivers/BIOS getting the Hot Spot temps from ? Could it be a flaw in programming ? Does anyone have a modded BIOS I can test with ?

Back