• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Team Group T-Force XTREEM ARGB 32GB Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Last December we reviewed G.Skill's acclaimed Samsung B-Die-based dual-rank performance memory kit. Today, it remains one of the best performing kits on the market, but there's a new challenger to the dual-rank 2 x 16 GB throne. Team Group quietly released their own ultra-performance Samsung B-Die-based dual-rank kit. The Team Group T-Force XTREEM ARGB is rated for 3600 MHz at shockingly low primary timings of CL14-15-15.

Click here to view the article.

"The objective of the first overclock test was to create the absolute best profile we could with the Gear 1 setting."

Then the first overclock at 3,733 has both screenshots displaying 2T. Do you need to revisit this?

I also don't think I agree with the heatspreader assessment. If one side really didn't have a heatspreader and was just plastic there is no way it would be keeping under 40c at 4400C16 1.5v. I know you said below 35c but the probes won't be an exact temperature. 40c is probably the actual temperature. There is likely a heatspreader between the chips and plastic but obviously a deconstruction would be in order to be sure of this.

Then the first overclock at 3,733 has both screenshots displaying 2T. Do you need to revisit this?
I'd imagine not. Gear 1 and 2T are two different things. Gearing refers to the ratio of the memory speed to the memory controller speed. 2T is one (of dozens) of memory timings and not related.

In a nutshell, many memory chips do not have temperature monitoring capabilities so you have to go with a probe. As always, the sensor that's actually on the IC is typically a few degrees warmer (preaching to the choir on this one).

I'll let the author fill in additional details. :)

Last edited:
@EarthDog Ah yes thanks for that you are correct. I completely forgot that Intel moved to that gear thing with RKL.

Still I find it strange that 3,733 was 2T (presumably for stability) but overclock 2 was 1T and from what I know running 4000 14-15-15 at 1T is pretty insane. If the motherboard, cpu and ram could do that surely it could also do 1T at 3733 14-14-14 on overclock 1.

IIRC - Crucial was a big seller on their on memory temp sensor and also has/had a program for it. DDR3 that is

The prices on these newer ram kits are just getting silly.

I'm not usually a fan of RGB stuff but these really do look good though.

@EarthDog Ah yes thanks for that you are correct. I completely forgot that Intel moved to that gear thing with RKL.

Still I find it strange that 3,733 was 2T (presumably for stability) but overclock 2 was 1T and from what I know running 4000 14-15-15 at 1T is pretty insane. If the motherboard, cpu and ram could do that surely it could also do 1T at 3733 14-14-14 on overclock 1.

When you set RAM up to DDR4-3600-3733, then it can work at Gear 1. It doesn't change the fact that many platforms/CPUs won't run RAM at Command Rate 1N/1T at more than DDR4-3600. It may work at 1N/1T but usually works at 2N/2T (we are still at Gear 1). When you set Gear 2 then you can manually set Command Rate 1N/1T but in real it works about the same as 2N/2T. Still, the software shows 1N/1T and that's why this is a bit confusing. In this way, if you set Gear 2 and 2N/2T then it will work like it was 4N/4T and we don't really want that ;)

In short, it works like:
Gear 1 and 1N/1T = 1N/1T
Gear 2 and 1N/1T = 2N/2T
Gear 1 and 2N/2T = 2N/2T
Gear 2 and 2N/2T = 4N/4T

Software always shows 1N/1T or 2N/2T.

I don't know about the test platform used for this review but at least on my test rigs, Gear 1 didn't work at DDR4-3733+ on any tested motherboard with my i7-11700K ES. My MSI motherboard has OC profiles up to DDR4-4000 and Gear 1 but as I said, DDR4-3600 was max with Gear 1 that could work.

Last edited:

Good eye! You are correct, it's indeed strange that 3733 required 2T but 4000+ was running fine with 1T. In the end, this turned out to be a motherboard bios issue specifically with dual-rank memory in a gear 1 configuration. I reported my findings to ASRock and they have since resolved the issue. I also agree with you, 4000 14-15-15 at 1T is crazy for 24/7 stability and only possible due to the massive IMC gain with rocket lake.

Team T-Force XTREEM ARGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01

https://www.newegg.com/team-32gb-28...r4-3600-_-20-331-655-_-Product&quicklink=true

Am I missing something? Same Model TF13D432G3600HC14CDC01; price $289.99

Different color?

IDK. Memory has me very confused.

I would call that a win and grab it!! The price I listed in the review was the MSRP, but the last retail sighting was very close to that.

Back