• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Windows 11 Update Restores Performance in AMD Ryzen Processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Several days ago, we found out that under Windows 11 some applications and games performed a few percentage points slower on AMD CPUs. This slow down was because of an issue with L3 cache latency increasing significantly and AMD's "preferred core" not always preferentially scheduling threads on a processor's fastest core. Microsoft and AMD have been hard at work behind the scenes readying an update to restore the lost performance. That day is here.

Click here to view the article.

What makes me laugh is that we could see some news that AMD works closely with Microsoft and we can expect up to 10% improvement gain in games between Win10 and Win11 just after the premiere of the new OS. So far we could see worse performance for the premiere and after multiple patches, we get Win10 performance.
From another source, I received info that AMD actually didn't test their CPUs properly and didn't check cache performance with Win11 before the premiere. One more case where AMD marketing team just publishes news without closer work with their engineering team.

Anyway, I'm glad they finally fixed the issue.

AMD had an article out like that?!! Haha, wow.. I must have missed that one... classic (that said, I couldn't google an article up like that)! A lot of people we're banging the drum of conspiracy, but this, to me, makes more sense. Oof.

I don't see any difference whatsoever between both AIDA comparisons ? Looks like the same screenshot was used for both pre and post.

Back