• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7V fan mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

Does anybody know where i could purchase or get a 7v fan mod already made because i don't have the tools to make one?

OP
mmcshmi11

mmcshmi11

Do you think it would just work if i unhooked the prongs and plugged the red wire into the other spot like the one guide shows?

attack

you can just use a knife the splice the wires, works easily. You can also goto radioshack and wire in a DPDT (double pull double throw) switch and you can select between 7v and 12v.

Codeman05

mmcshmi11 said:
Do you think it would just work if i unhooked the prongs and plugged the red wire into the other spot like the one guide shows?

Yea you should, thats what I'm going to try first so I don't have to go get a connecter. Another post that talked about this just pulled the wires and flipped em, so it should be fine

OP
mmcshmi11

mmcshmi11

The color of these wires doesn't matter does it? because i have a connector but it has other wires connected to 2 of the wires so i want to use a different colored cord from it?

OP
mmcshmi11

mmcshmi11

I figured out the fan mod and did it and it worked... but there was a beeping noise coming from my mobo similar to when i had wires plugged in wrong when i first made my comp. What does that mean?

Codeman05

Liss said:
you messed up.. lol..

Not necessarily (sp), My did the same thing because the RPM
sensor no longer worked, so my MOBO had the "warning: no cpu fan" error. I disabled it and it worked fine :D
BTW, my 84CFM sunon is now almost whisper quiet and I only went up 2C !!! :beer:

OP
mmcshmi11

mmcshmi11

My sensor is already plugged into the board plus i dont know where to disable it at in the BIOS. can u help me?

Codeman05

you might have to ask under intel motherboards, because I'm not sure where your option (if you have it) would be. Mine was under CPU Heath....I think...or something very similar