• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA Launches Z690 DARK K|NGP|N Extreme Overclocking Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

evga-logo-copertina-91470.768x432-Cropped.jpg
EVGA has finally unleashed the beast! The Z690 DARK K|INGP|N motherboard is designed for setting world records. It features a 21-phase power delivery section and supports up to 64 GB of DDR5-6600 MHz memory. Other impressive characteristics of the Z690 DARK K|INGP|N are its two PCIe Gen 5.0x16 slots (x16/x8, x8), four M.2 slots, and so much more. Availability is reserved for EVGA Elite members only and comes at the ridiculously steep price of $829. If you're still interested, or would just like to know more, continue reading EVGA's official press release below.
Click here to read more!

yes and also just 2 dimm slots? I understand its Kingpin but does it have any redeeming benefits outside of benching cold?

32GB isn't enough? 64GB if you need more?

It's for racing.... you throw out the back seats and the spare tire to go faster. ;)

DDR5 is supposed to support higher capacity modules so I assume we will see 64GB sticks soon. Also, 2-slot mobos overclock RAM much higher than 4-slot. This is the reason why all top OC series have 2 slots - ASUS Apex, MSI Unify-X, Gigabyte Tachyon, ... and all high ITX mobos that OC RAM not much worse and cost significantly less.

Again in the EVGA mobo case, I wonder when it will be available as previous gens were not available in the EU and in the US had a huge delay. In the case of Z590, all could buy it in the US just before the Z690 premiere and if I'm right there was an order queue anyway.
The late premiere and high price for sure won't convince many people. I assume that those who wanted a well-overclocking mobo already went with ASUS or MSI. Also, something like ASUS Apex can find for $650. Gigabyte Tachyon is about $100 less. The only more expensive is ASRock Aqua OC for around 1$k but not available anywhere (and probably won't sell like the previous gen).

If I had to pick the best-looking OC mobo then it would be the Z690 Dark as it looks amazing. But again, why so late, why it's not available in the EU and why so expensive?
If I'm right then in maybe 5 months we will see Z790. I wish to be wrong as I hate to see premieres so often, especially when they give us almost nothing.

I have evga elite from my 3080 so I signed up for the auto notify just for kicks. I doubt I will get it because I signed up for the Classified too but never received the notice.

I have evga elite from my 3080 so I signed up for the auto notify just for kicks. I doubt I will get it because I signed up for the Classified too but never received the notice.
I don't think that the Classified was available. I was checking the US store from time to time as I was thinking about the Dark mobo but there was only Classified listed and not available for like 2 months+. In the EU store, there is not even a Z690 tab.
Since I sold some other stuff then I decided to get Z690 Apex as there was a promo on Amazon DE - about $720 inc 23% VAT and shipping. I doubt I could get EVGA Dark with tax+duty+shipping costs (everything in the EU store is shipped from Taiwan) for less than $1k ... counting it will be available one day.

32GB isn't enough? 64GB if you need more?

It's for racing.... you throw out the back seats and the spare tire to go faster. ;)
If I dont end up breaking my Benching gear I like too you know use it after.
if they really wanted to race they would make it quad channel.

If I dont end up breaking my Benching gear I like too you know use it after.
Sorry, but.... why wouldn't you be able to? You act like 32GB (typical config for DDR5, 2x16GB) isn't enough for the majority of users? I use 32GB now in my daily driver and don't come close to using it. At times I've seen 20GB with a shed load of Chrome tabs open and playing a game. If I needed to upgrade that board, 64GB will last the life for 99% of users. If you're a content creator or someone who needs gobs (read more than 64GB) of memory, clearly this isn't a good option. But, again, it's not made for those people. The rest of users can EASILY get away with 32-64GB for the next few/several years.

if they really wanted to race they would make it quad channel.
Well, hard to get blood from a stone... it's a dual-channel (technically - due to how it works, it's quad-channel, however) platform. X299 is quad-channel and they have boards for that. You can't make a dual channel platform quad by just the motherboard...

Last edited:
I received my eVGA notify this morning to buy this board. Had it in the cart but I just can't see spending this much on a board....Anyone want it? ;)

Back