• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI MEG Z690 ACE Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

feature-2.jpg
Today, the MSI MEG Z690 ACE is our test bench's DDR5 LGA 1700 motherboard. The Z690 ACE is one classy-looking motherboard forgoing any onboard RGB LED and covered in so many heatsinks it has a real heft to it. It feels like MSI has thrown everything into this board, including the kitchen sink.
Click here to read more!

Can you explain this comment more :
* I would also like to note the odd results in WPrime 1024. Since we first started testing the new Alder Lake CPUs, the WPrime 1024 results seemed a bit off now with some updates, and they’re more in line with what we were expecting.
I have a complaint though - Where is the picture of the board without it's heat sinks installed? The naked board?
I have a request for additional testing - Can you include a Geekbench 4 Test? It has a break down of single/multi core scores for - Crypto, Integer, Floating Point, and Memory.

I have been grabbing older motherboards (z68, z87, and x79), their cpus, and memory because of the high price of gpus. I have found our reviews of these boards, cpus, and memory extremely helpful when shopping (y) :ty:

As always A Great Write Up :thup:

All the IC's are in the slide show so not sure what it is you're after. Here's a GB4 run, the memory is only 5200 CL40. When it comes to WPrime make sure the extra serial I/O drivers are installed or the CPU gets confused scheduling threads and the results are terrible.

naked.jpg

GB4.jpg

Thank You :plus1:for including the Picture around the socket without the heat sink and the Geekbench 4 Score.
When it comes to WPrime make sure the extra serial I/O drivers are installed or the CPU gets confused scheduling threads and the results are terrible.
^ Thank You for this explanation :)

I'm not sure why you needed the photo. If you want more extreme benching then get Unify-X as it's cheaper and is a bit better for LN2 benching.
The latest BIOS releases are fixing the weird behavior with C states and some controllers. The same is for Unify-X.
I'm only not sure if it's the same for the Ace and Unify/Unify-X but I can't change RTL/IOL in BIOS. No matter how I set it, it's always working at auto.
It's not really important for most users but on Unify-X, I get about 5ns worse results in AIDA64 latency than on ASUS motherboards, and I have no idea why. Probably the motherboard is forcing something at auto. The tight benching profile at 6600 gives me ~59ns when manual, not even very tight on ASUS was ~55ns.

Back