• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm & 80CFM!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YahooDave

WOW, has anyone used this fan yet? Sounds like it is about a third louder than the 68CFM 80mm Delta. Don't get to close to the cage kids!!

Kingslayer (Aug 02, 2001 07:31 p.m.):
And at $29 I will go buy 4 quieter fans that move twice that amount together.....

I agree! I replaced 3 of my quiet, low flow fans with 3 50 CFM fans at 50db each. They only lasted one day before I yanked two of out and put back two of the quiet fans. It's still too loud, but at least now it's tolerable.

I used to think people were joking when they said they couldn't carry on a conversation in the same room as their computer!! LOL

Ah, you guys are no fun!

I would only use this fan on a CPU HS.

im puting a voltage regulator on my 150mm aka 6" fan. The reason I got it was because the blades are so large that I believe if I run it at 1/2 voltage I will still get around 130-100 cfm and it should be quiet. Comair Rotron has these special fan blades that make their fans pretty quiet. Then if I ever need the extra boost its just a turn of the knob away ???

Mord-Sith (Aug 02, 2001 07:56 p.m.):
im puting a voltage regulator on my 150mm aka 6" fan. The reason I got it was because the blades are so large that I believe if I run it at 1/2 voltage I will still get around 130-100 cfm and it should be quiet. Comair Rotron has these special fan blades that make their fans pretty quiet. Then if I ever need the extra boost its just a turn of the knob away ???

Where do you mount that thing? Is it a front case fan?
Did you just use the 4 pin molex connector to hook it up?
Do you know how many watts it uses?

Ahhhhh!! Too many questions!!!!

Sorry

Im mounting it in the front but I havent decided how. Im thinking of leaving my 120mm hole in the front and using 6" pvc as a reducer. I know this will limit air flow but hey 235cfm like I care. The reason for this is so I could go back to a 120 if I wanted to and I have a 120 filter but no 150 (im sure they arn't made) As far as power goes it requires 2.26 amps so Ill be using an external power supply. I just happen to have a 30 amp switching and a 7 amp switching psu just sitting around so Ill use those for now.

arg anyone know the conversion from watts to amps ??

I have three of them one on the HS one in and one out. The in & out are switched they are loud!!!! loud!!!! loud!!!!! They sound a lot like jet engines.

that sounds awesome, I just ordered 4 of them,
will the all run off a 300 PSU???

I plan on runnin them all the way up.
I want o hear my T bird scream cuz its freezing!!!:)))

what did you use to mount them???

I'm still wondering how to do that with my midtower, plus I want to make a funnel to fit right over my Tiesol HS and watch the temps drop.....like a rock

Back