• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#83 tryin to move up but I've got them Formosians on my back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
The subject says it all--- I'm #83 and trying to pump 27-31 WU/day but I've got the Formosians on my back!!!
Is there any way to tell which seti members are Teams and which are individual people like ME!!

Anywho its all better for team Overclockers SETI,
I'm currently running 4 Epox /t-bred B systems and will be adding a 5th machine by tues...so hopefully I can keep from getting passed.....

Hughhefner said:

Is there any way to tell which seti members are Teams and which are individual people like ME!!
as far as i know, no. you can't tell whether that account is running by an idividual or by a company/college unless they stated on their account name.

You can expect that someone doing more than 500 WU/day is surely a small team or a very dedicated member. Have more than 5 computers in their home/work/school is surely burning a lot of cash and/or a team of dedicated coworkers ;)

HA HA HA, Its ALIVE!!!!!!!! SETI rig #4 has Arisen, all hail "DOLLY BARTON"" she has hit 2300 so far With my new $99 Epox 8RGA+ with 1.85 volts and Thermalright sk-7 with thermaltake smartfan2

SEE what COMPETITION does--the Formaosians are on my back and gaining so I had to add "DOLLY"---so everyone cheer!!
HELLO DOLLY, yes Hello DOLLY, Its really nice to see you crunch tonight!!!!!!

I wish there was a way to tell if it was a team or just one persons arsenal of computers, Hugh. I myself have a team of people... I changed my account name and got some friends involved when i had around 600 some work units. Since then I've tried to get several people involved... I don't even know who is crunching and who isn't, really. I have a vague idea... and I know I would be producing a lot more if everyone was going 24/7. But I don't blame them really, not everyone cares about SETI like we do here. :D

I can see how it would be annoying to be passed up by someone running with multiple people under one account... but its not exactly easy to get people to help you crunch either! It would be nice if there was a little optional thing in the stats where someone could identify whether they were crunching with others or not.

You should get a whole Barton farm going and call it the "Best Little *****house in Illinois." lol

[edit] bah... swearfilter.... here's the obscure reference I'm making. :D http://us.imdb.com/Title?0083642

I think it would be cool if in the rankings on our site that everybodies name would have a link to what systems they are running, as these things interest me.

Back