• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8370e with wraith cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwikgta

A few weeks back I put together my 8370, Phanteks PH-TC12DX 120mm, and 990 FXA UD5 in my main rig. It's been running daily 5 ghz @ 1.475v and I've been really pleased with it. Today I put together my backup rig: a 8370e, AMD wraith cooler, and GA-990fx Gaming board on a DIY benching station. I chose the 8370e just to play with for ****s and giggles.........geezus!.......I think I hit the silicon lottery!! The "e" chip is now running 5.1 ghz on 1.425v but I had to stop there because temps are creeping up. The wraith did an admirable job but this chip needs a higher level of cooler before I push it more. Also now thinking my 8370e chip will need to go in the main rig with my phanteks cooler and my regular 8370 go to the backup station :)

Switch 'em up you say...sure, why not. Although I doubt you're going to be able to push 70e much more than 5.3 or 5.4 stable even on the phanteks anyway. You will probably need to go liquid to get every ounce of MHz out of it.

Switch 'em up you say...sure, why not. Although I doubt you're going to be able to push 70e much more than 5.3 or 5.4 stable even on the phanteks anyway. You will probably need to go liquid to get every ounce of MHz out of it.

It clocks more with less voltage so it's a little better chip ,thus putting it in my everday rig is a no brainer. I will stay on air....no desire to go water. :)

Back