• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

845E with newest BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

failsaf3

Registered
Anyone has an MSI 845E (6566E) running the newest AMI BIOS? I want to know if the latest version v 5.5 (10/20/02 release) has any changes in regards to memory speed?

SMOKE_SKULL

Disabled
I have one of those boards with the latest Bios. Whats amazing about this board is it runs the 3:4 FSB ratio by default. The best part is I can run Crucial Micron PC2100 with heatspreaders at 150 FSB on a 1.6A Northy and get almost PC1066 Rambus speeds. I also have a Asus P4B533 that wont run the same PC2100 at those speeds :( no mattrer what I do.

OP
failsaf3

failsaf3

Registered
Smoke- did the BIOS update add the 3:4 FSB ratio, becuase I dont have it. I don't even have an option of a divider. But I'm also running the default BIOS.

Thx

SMOKE_SKULL

Disabled
Actually I may be still running the stock Bios as well. It may have been my AMD MSI board I upgraded the Bios on. Anyways it works great with PC2100 ram the way it is, so for me I am going to leave it alone. Wit hthe price of ram skyrocketing and me sitting here with a bunch of PC2100 I will leave well enough alone. I wish I could get my Asus P4B533 to run PC2100 at those speeds though.