• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

848p neo .....agp/pci lock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fx-53

i got bored while i was home this weekend and brought back my old rig

Its a 2.0celeron on a msi 848p neo moboard. ive overclocked the chip before and actualy got a respectable clock out of it on my old soyo dragon. however i found out why you need and agp/pci lock that way to(learned valuable lesson......... Read ALL of the overclocking guide not just the part about making it go faster...... :beer: ) so minus a hdd and some sanity later i stopped ocing it for a while. Things rocked along and BAM soyo board no worky anymore........ :bang head: so i went over to frys and found the cheapest replacement that would support ddr 400 and an 8x agp(i at least wanted the option to upgrade)i could find. needless to say im now playing with the rig in my sig(wich when i get done with math is probably goin oc tonight :beer: ) anyway after all that history crap you didnt wanna read anyways :) comes the real question. while i was home i grabbed this thing along with the stuff to put it back together(except screws........gotta go get more tommorow oops) and also did a little lapping. am i gonna be able to o/c this thing aka does it have a lock and a way to adjust the fsb. I never messed with oc'ing it while i was running it but i lapped down the heatsink on the processor and NB and put some decent thermal compound on them. SOam i stuck at stock or do i get to see how high it goes before it fries itself? " :beer:

um, are you oc'ing the MSI 848 or your Asus SK8V?

Sorry, I couldn't tell what you'd lapped and what motherboard it was that you did it to. If you are talking about the MSI board, what do your temps look like right now? The guy a few threads down talking about the MSI Neo2-Platinum (my board.... which I just killed, also one thread down) who had his 2.0A running at 3.4 gigs with not too many volts.

I was able to get my 1.8A to 3.2 gigs on 1.6V.... I'd just keep your load temps below 60°C for stability reasons.

Even if you don't use the 2.0A right now, you could make a folding rig out of it so it's doing some good for humanity.

Fold for teh kittens! :D ( and yes, it is misspelled on purpose)

im not running it right now and yes its the msi. im gonna set it up to fold crunch seti do whatever(i just want something new to tinker with thats not el mucho grande loss if i fry it. im just curious before i start ocing with my roomates hdd if it has a pci/agp lock i now the sk8v doesnt(unfortunatley)

Yes, it does have agp/pci lock so you should be good to oc the heck out of the thing.

What are your temps right now? The link's a pic of the 848P's BIOS.... the adjust AGP/PCI is what you'll need to modify to lock it.

LINK

sweet thnks......im gonna try to power it up this afternoon unless i have to study for math(depends on wether i drop today) ill post some temps later on. Im looking forward to messin with this cause i have seen this chip go extremely hgh on a stock heatsink with no lapping or anything so im anxious to se what happens

hehehehe i was taking a precal class.....i qdropped it
hting is it was harder than what they were doing in calculus

Back