• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

85 W Peltier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

I just ordered a 85 W peltier from leufkenstech.com. Am I going to be able to plug this into my power supply? I assume I can still plug in the fan to the motherboard, but how about the peltier? Is there any way to control how cold it gets? I have a DVD, CDRW, 3.5 floppy, slot fan, 1 hdd, 1 hdd cooler, motherboard, soundcard, video card, NIC, modem, and 2 case fans.

Thanks

Snuffleuppigus

85w for a duron is a bit anemic... might want to use that one on a geforce card. might want to look at some of the bigger ones for a duron and go watercooling... the big boys make more heat.

bdf24

Not only that. But Those tec's are 15v tec's. So being plugged into a 12v psu connecter will only run the tec at around 66w. So you are actually losing almost 20w's.

I bought that same tec for my PIII 800 to run on my Alpha. But PIII's dont kick out nearly as much heat as the duron's do.

sims

Registered
I tried that on my T-bird. Starting temps were about 20C but within 5 minutes of use I was above 45C, too hot. With air I'm at 22C idle.