• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

86 Chevette Heater Core - $20.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

Any of you that live near a Murrays Discount Auto Parts store (Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, and Toledo areas) and need a heater core, have them special order you a "1986 Chevette Heater Core". Tell them it is an unleaded engine and tell them it has no a/c.

$20.99 shipped next day for store pickup. It also includes a lifetime warranty!

(PS: This is model 2-261 and costs $39.60 at leakycar.com)

D-Tek Customs offers a core (a modded chevette style core) like this one for $31.99 + S&H. All they do is add on 1/2in barbs.

While you are there, pick up some high temp black high gloss auto sprey paint. It only costs a few bucks and you can make your plain copper/aluminum heater core look like a professional watercooling one for a fraction of the cost.

modenaf1 said:
im confused. what is a heatercore? how does black paint make it look like copper/aluminum?

you can make your plain copper/aluminum heater core look like a professional watercooling one

Let me rephrase. To make your copper or aluminum heater core look more professional, you can sprey paint it with black auto paint. It only cost a few bucks.

A heatercore is a sort of radiator found in vehicles. Correct me if I'm wrong-- hot coolant flows through it, and fans blow on the core making warm air when you turn your car heater on. That warm air is blown through the vents and makes it nice and cozy in your car when driving in the winter.

In overclocking, a heater core is used as a radiator. Coolant is pumped through a waterblock, into the heater core, where the coolant becomes cool. The cool coolant is then pumped in this cycle, and you have what is known as a "water cooling".

Heater cores are a lot smallers than regular car radiators, and they cost a lot less too. Chevette heater cores are sort of the standard for intake-mounted radiator setups. They can be fitted with one or two 120mm fans, and they do a fairly good job at cooling the water in your rig.

Normally, the 86 Chevette heatercore can cost anywhere from $30 on up. This is a bargain at $20.99.

You may want to make sure that these are not rebuilds when you place the order! I don't know if they are rebuilds or not!

Ok...installed heatercore but now my headers and dual carbs on the tunnel ram don't fit.

It's $16.99 at autozone.com, but after shipping it's about the same price. That's a tip for you guys who don't have one of those stores in your area.

--Illah

Back