• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8700k overclocking with strix z370e - need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't see throttling anywhere. I think you just aren't sure what and how to check.
Back to the beginning and make small steps as clearly you are missing something. Working slowly on that will give you knowledge how all is acting.

Run 1 stability test at a time. Maybe stick to XTU as stability test is close to Prime95 (somehow a bit lower load).

Run XTU stability test for ~20-30 mins. In this time you will see max temps. Run hwinfo64 in 2nd window - there is history of max temps, max TDP and voltages so you will see what was max when test finishes. It should be somewhere on the long list if sensors etc. Depends on the motherboard it can also show throttling.

Start at 4.5GHz 1.25V and move up with CPU ratio after each successful test. Set cache/ring ratio 300MHz below CPU clock so if you test 4.7GHz then set 4.4GHz ring/cache. During CPU tests set memory to auto and run it without XMP profiles or any OC. When you stabilize the CPU then start to play with memory.

I was assuming he was see8ng it just didnt capture it it in the ss...

...but i have that same gut feeling, lol!

Back