• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT Max temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechJunky

I was gaming and my brother gave me his old 8800GT and said sometimes it had lock up problems and would kick him out of games etc.

I installed it into my box and I am currently running it and havent had a problem. I just got done playing Modern WarFare2 for 3 hours and did logging with GPU-Z just incase it borked on me.. I checked the logs and not one out of norm temp from what I could tell.

The highest the GPU got up to was 77 degrees celcius. To me that seems hot, but I have no idea when it comes to vid cards.

It could have very well been his computer build as he always has vid card problems with his boxes and I never have them in mine.

He always goes AMD while I always go Intel.

Here is the card.

8800GT.jpg

8800GT1.jpg

OP
T

TechJunky

Well, I have played for about 5 hours today and it seems rock solid. I just used RivaTuner to manually set the fan speed to 100% prior to playing games. Haven't had a problem. I am not gonna worry about it.

chevro1et

Those temps are fine. Manually increasing the fanspeed while gaming is a great way to keep the temps in check. A couple blasts of canned/ compressed air thru the heatsink probably wouldn't hurt either ;)

jmdixon85

Yeah those temps are fine. When I had two 8800Gt's in sli in the summer that could get upto 90c and still work fine. Thats before I got my HAF 932 tho :)