• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k, and I wave you by orangebug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

Hit 8k and just as this happens, Orangebug comes from around the corner and blindsides me while blowing through the top 140, Good job man!

However I still have some machines that I can harvest, so don't hold your breath too long ;).

AZN said:
WTG. I use to be top 100 but not anymore :(

Don't feel too bad...I used to be Top 10 :)eek: ).... We've got some heavy hitters onboard these days, some "Sub-Teams", some single member powerhouses, all good, for the Team, and Folding.

I don't mind getting passed in the stats like I used to...as long as I "keep on keepin' on", it only means we're growing, and getting stronger.

And closer to the cures.

Fold ON!! :beer:

We've had a good race going here for a while and I expect it to contimue for quite some time. I've gotten my wife to borg a few machines where she works and I've set up a small farm of slow machines at home. I also still need to get that duron I won up and running yet so I'm not at full speed yet. My beetle needs an engine too, so the upgrades will wait a bit until I've gotten it up and running.

Come catch me!

Orangebug

orangebug said:
My beetle needs an engine too, so the upgrades will wait a bit until I've gotten it up and running.

Come catch me!

Orangebug

Stuff a '72 or '73 dual port Type 2 (bus) motor in there, and bolt a nice Weber 2 bbl carb on top....:D I got a hold of one for my '70 bus (years ago when I had the VW's) Gives ya a bit more oomph. ;)

B.

Yeah, I'd love to put a type IV engine in there to keep up with this Dallas traffic, but I want to keep the engine looking and sounding stock (with that great fweem sound to it). I've got a friend whose dad has been building VW engines for quite a while so I'm trying to get an idea of what he can do for me. I'll finally have an avatar when I get it back on the road! :D

Orangebug ('71 Super)

Mr B said:

Stuff a '72 or '73 dual port Type 2 (bus) motor in there, and bolt a nice Weber 2 bbl carb on top....:D I got a hold of one for my '70 bus (years ago when I had the VW's) Gives ya a bit more oomph. ;)

B.

:drool:

ok my dad had a Type III Engine, Dual Port Heads, Dual Webers, shaved flywheel and a low restance exuast, and I think he had roller cams but I forget... Under 13 in the quarter mile, not to mention the select-a-drop and the parrelli tires with coney racing shocks. :eek: to bad he sold it back in the late 70's :mad:

edit also I just found out my two highest out put machines, that the folding client was down :( but they are back up and the race is back on....

Back