• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a and 8k3a+ Available in the US now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got a auto-notification from Newegg, they are back in stock. $105 plus shipping. Pretty cheap really.

im waiting for the one with raid, i wonder why they dindt come back instock with the non raid version... mer i hate waiting

Ok,its great so far,I got my unlocked xp 1700 to 1775 no problem at 2.0 volts!Yes it does go to 2.2 and actually works.Havent tried any farther yet so it will be intresting to see.My 5v line is high as it ever was,at 5.10 now.I could only get my cpu to about 1650 on my shuttle mobo.There are so many new bios settings that I still have to play with and learn.The only thing im having trouble with right now is the onboard audio,when I enable it windows freezes right on startup but with it disabled I have no problems.Going to check my IRQS now to see if that may be the problem and reinstall all my progies to get some benches posted for you guys,it seems like a very sweet board so far and it just feels a whole lot faster.

I'm looking for the ram testing and divisors. Does it have 3.2v to ddr? What ram are you using. FEED ME!!!:D

Yep it has up to 3.2 on the ram.I have OCZ CL2 pc2400 in here now,my friend has my micron to try and sort out a problem in his system.I havent pushed the fsb hard yet,I want to get the rest of my stuff installed first,heres a wcpuid screenshot of what im running at now at 36c,im still amazed this chip would go over 1700 on this board!

thx for the review.
im goinng to buy it too but in germany it is too cheap right now.
and only some shops have it yet.
but shell i wait for the kt400 or shell i buy this great mobo?
stryker

that all depends on if you are patient enough to wait or not and if your current system can still hold its own.

If you are thinking of upgrading from a kt266 or equivilant chipset, i would personally wait untill the kt400s come out whenever that may be. But if you are upgrading from anytithing less than the kt266 i would go with this board.

And as for an arrival date for the kt400s were lookin at the end of this year, if you think you can wait that long go for it.

oh
i thought the kt400 comes in the shops at the end of april or may.
if it isnt like that i will buy this mobo because i have an kt7a-raid with an ****in slow duron 800@1015

Stryker

Man! Just when I'm gettin used to my 8KHA+ I'm tempted with another new board that sounds like it's gonna be nice.

That means I would have to get faster memmory to go with it too and the prices on that stuff have gone up since Intel decided to go DDR also and the demand for it has gone up.

Please tell me something bad about this board so I can stop thinking about it right now, OK.

i dont know if its really anything bad about the board, but you wont really notice a huge amount of performance gain by upgrading to it. If I were in your position i would wait at least untill the kt400s come out, if not the clawhammers. Because untill that time upgrading the motherboard really wont improve your performance much unless your a sisoft sandra nut who lives for your benchmarks, you should be happy with the 8kha+ yet

Well I have noticed a very big performance improvement over my shuttle ak31.I think the biggest reason is because you can set the dram clock at 100 ,133 or 166 seperately from your fsb.Right now Im running at 12x145 and with dram clock at 166 and in turbo mode with the best settings stable,if i set the fsb any higher I have to drop the ram settings down a little.

Just installed the 8K3A, damn is it fast!!! Check out these mem scores. Jeremy, are you running way hot? I'm idle at 44C with my MCX462 at 2V. On the 8KHA+ @ 1.85V I was Idle 32-33C.

nikhsub1 said:
Just installed the 8K3A, damn is it fast!!! Check out these mem scores. Jeremy, are you running way hot? I'm idle at 44C with my MCX462 at 2V. On the 8KHA+ @ 1.85V I was Idle 32-33C.
I hit 44c loaded when the heater is on in my house,about 36c idle and thats at 2v with the same heatsink as you,do you have the delta on yours and did you flash the new bios yet?

Yeah i have the latest bios, I think the temp sensor in this board may be jacked, running Prime 95 now for 1/2 hour, MBM says 54C, I have never even seen 46 with the 8kHA+. Oh well

Back