• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ and 8KHA3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nohoy

well im rather bored now and i decided to start a thread about the upcoming boards from epox. well just the two that i care about.

ill start with the 8KHA3. to start ill just copy and paste what epox says about them.
"8KHA3 - KT266A High Point 374 Duel Channel RAID. Now you can finally use it for your MP3 servers. This motherboard has the well tested KT266A chipset along with the newest HP 374 RAID controller, which the 8KHA3 can support up to 8 IDE ATA 133 devices and the best thing is, it supports up to 4 Gigs for PC 2100 memories. This is definitely an exciting product due to our hottest 8KHA+ KT266A motherboard. It won over 30 awards world wide and continues to be one of the best AMD solution currently."

now all that sounds rather nice. i personally do not even see a downside to this board, except for the memory speed. yet the 8k3A+ will take care of that. so the 8KHA3 has all the established strenght and prowess of its family with the addition of raid. also the family has already been tweaked and improved. id have to agree with it being an exciting board.

now then i will proceed to what i really want to talk about. the new family of epox amd motherboards. the 8K3A+ is the one that i just cant wait for. again here is the official epox quote.
"8K3A(+) Family - KT333 is finally out and we have a full line of solutions to accommodate your needs. KT333 means that you can use DDR 333 memories and it is faster than the KT266A. As for the 8K3A, the board can support up to 2000+ XP, 600MHz to 1.4 GHz Athlon processor. Holds up to 3Gigs of PC 2700 memories, it has 6 PCI slots, 1 4X AGP slot, an onboard RAID with High Point 372 and for the 8K3A+, it will be the High Point 374. There is also the option of having USB 2.0 which supports up to 6 connection slots, built in AC 97and many other features."

:eek: KT333:eek: wow thats going to be nice. also the usb 2.0 capability, which if i recall is 40x faster than usb 1.1, thats like going from dial up to insanly fast broadband. this also starts with onboard raid. it seems that epox has created a motherboard that is truly based on speed. just to help establish that statement ill recap the usb 2.0, raid, of course the beloved athlon up to 2000+(we know it can support more) oh and you cant forget that pc2700 (what's rdram again? intel who?) the only downside forseable is that epox has slipped up somewhere on this new board. yet id think it wouldnt be too far from the 8KHA family so it should take on many of its characteristics. (ill draw the attention to the quote stating over 30 awards for the 8KHA)

the last thing that im going to crop from the epox site is this little beauty from their news section at the bottom of the homepage. "Feb 8 2002 (15:02) - 8K3A family (KT333) and the (KT266A) 8KHA3 will be out on the 3rd week of Feb." well all of us here on the epox board will truly have a beloved week next week.

so now id ask everyone to post comments, statements, corrections, and anything else youd like to contribute. basically all i did was copy over the front page of epox's web site. but id stay tuned to that for a week or so, because ill assume we can get pictures real soon.

OP
N

nohoy

silly me forgot i saw reviews and pictures

so here is the 8K3A+

8k3a+.jpg

and ill say that i sadly notice that passive heatsink. but it does have an agp clip:D

oh and there is a quick spec sheet for it at tomshardware. of course the link is here to make things easier :cool:

AudiMan

Sounds like a very interesting board. I wonder if it can support Anything higher than XP-2000+. ATA 133 and PC-2700 would be very nice as well. :).

I know that the 8KHA+ Supports multiplier settigs up to 15.
15 X 133.33 = 1999.95 MHz / ~2.0 GHz = XP-2500+ ?

Sounds logical, and hopefully that the way it works :)