• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a Best Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripwire

Hey guys, I just got my 8k3a (not plus) about a month ago, and I LOVE IT. Its the Iwill KK266plus of the next generation! I was wondering what the most stable bios is. I am about to flash with the newest 2815, they stable?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wonder why you don't think the most recent bios is stable? I always thought that the newest bios is the best one for the board?

Tipycol

not always... alot of board manufactuerers release bios updates that cause more problems than they fix. I was just wondering... I dont really feel like dealing with an unstable bios right now... if thats the case.

tripwire said:
not always... alot of board manufactuerers release bios updates that cause more problems than they fix. I was just wondering... I dont really feel like dealing with an unstable bios right now... if thats the case.

Mine is 2815 too and it works fine.. try it and if it works fine for you why flash for a new one? ;)

I'm using the 2912's and they're great! I had the factory 2619's which aren't bad either, but i wanted to fix the thermal readings from the chip. At least with these, I get a more accurate reading, say about 10c higher. I tried the 2815's but my rig would'nt post at any settings.

I like the 2912's too. Combined with the 41.03 drivers the colors are the best I've had with this setup..Also, I haven't had any "issues" with any programs yet..

my system has been rock solid with the 2619's but I heard from Silver to go the 2815 , possibly will give a whirl

Cisco Kid

bios

2912 beta
8k3a2a10.bin

either one will work on an 8k3a or the + model.

both are the same, the difference being the highpoint driver model number.

better FSB clocks, ram timing slowed a bit.

actully, if you spend enough time with these Epox boards, you will begin to understand that by slightly slowing down the memory performance actually SPEEDS up the OVERALL system response.

it has to do with the marraige between chipset and ram, it just communicates better slightly slowed down.

people will argue this with me, but i have lived with these motherboards since they were issued, and it hold true for all the VIA chipset issues by Epox and probably all the other manu's with the same chipset, slower is faster and smoother.

9x206 and lovin it.

baldy:cool:

Re: bios

bldegle2 said:
2912 beta
8k3a2a10.bin

either one will work on an 8k3a or the + model.

both are the same, the difference being the highpoint driver model number.

better FSB clocks, ram timing slowed a bit.

actully, if you spend enough time with these Epox boards, you will begin to understand that by slightly slowing down the memory performance actually SPEEDS up the OVERALL system response.

it has to do with the marraige between chipset and ram, it just communicates better slightly slowed down.

people will argue this with me, but i have lived with these motherboards since they were issued, and it hold true for all the VIA chipset issues by Epox and probably all the other manu's with the same chipset, slower is faster and smoother.

9x206 and lovin it.

"Slowing down" the memory? Or fsb??
At 206?
Geez, what was it before you "slowed" it down??
How do you "slow" down the mem?

BTW, what cpu are you running?

stuff

"Slowing down" the memory? Or fsb??
At 206?
Geez, what was it before you "slowed" it down??
How do you "slow" down the mem?

BTW, what cpu are you running?

MP2000+, one of the older issues.

had it to 212, but video tearing starts there.

the two bios's i posted about have the register changes to slow the mem down, plus you can run the bios with normal and SPD toggled on.

then sit back and enjoy the smoothness.

I've got a new CPU coming and I want to overclock it like mad. I probably will be running at about 180FSB so what version should I be using for optimal performance?

~THT

Back