• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a cmos battery dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djcomp

Registered
The issue here is: whenever i switch off my psu or unplug the computer from the wall, all the settings i have saved to my bios are gone, and reset back to system default. so i then gotta change the time and everything back etc. :mad: . Is that probably due to a dead cmos battery? the board is brand new. maybe i should try to take the battery out and reseat in to make sure the connections are thorough. And btw, the clear cmos jumper is in the "retain" position.

Yeah it might be that the batteries that are bad and also try checking the cmos again to see if it's on the right position.

i have reseated the battery, and tried again and i think that was the problem. although i only unplugged the comp for a couple seconds, i will try it again for longer to see if the info is held. thanks for the reply y0ungsta.

Back