• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A mem timing settings in bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Hiu Guys,

I have an 8K3A, happy with the board. I just did a format and swapped all my gear to my new Thermaltake Xaser 5000II case which has sooo much better case ventilation.

I am running @166 fsb but I have 2 dimms for 768. I know my 512 Samsung PC2700 stick is CTL and it is very good in dimm 1. My other stick is a 256 Samsung PC2700 in dimm 3. This is the only way I could seem to run the other 256, I bought these sticks at separate shops at different times. They are both cas 2.5 but the 512 imo is the better stick

If I attempt to run "Turbo" settings in the bios @ 166 fsb it will not go. I can only use "fastest" setting. I have decided to pull 256 out.

What are the best settings in "Turbo mode" here is how mine is currently set up, pretty much default in Turbo mode. which are the most important of the below?? Which would I increase performance by changing, System is 100% stable as it stands now but I believe I can use more aggressive mem timing settings. I just do not know enough about the timming settings.

1) Dram CLK - 166
2) Dram timing - manual
3) Sdram Cycle length - 2
4) Bank Interleave - 4 bank
5) Precharge to active (trp) - 2T
6) Precharge to active (tras) - 5T
7) Active to cmd (trcd) - 2T
8) Dram burst length - 4
9) Dram Queue depth - 4 level
10)Dram bdrive strength - Auto

Thanks from 8K3A or others familiar with this stuff

Cisco Kid:D