• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2+??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

About the same. Had problems with 2 different 8k3a+ boards and switched to the 8k5a2+ I have now. Running same setting on this 8k5a2+ as I used on the 8k3a+ (was curious) I see no difference. I didn't push either 8k3a+ as hard as I have this 8k5a2+ since I was just learning then.

I can say that I really liked the on-die temp reading the 8k3a+ gave a lot better! :cool: This diode under the cpu the 8k5a2+ uses is slow and low compared to what really happens. :mad:

Odiexx

Registered
I've seen benchmarks of the 8k5a2+ outperforming the 8k3a+ by a few FPS, nothing outstanding or anything, but the 8k5a2+ is definately an improvement over the 8k3a+.

ronin1967

performance is equal or perhaps a little faster, it's newer so there aren't as many special BIOS's for it as the 8k3a2+, for the price you get some nice extra features, USB2.0, the onboard sound, LAN...

Kosmic

I don't have the + version, but I think mine is exactly the same just without the RAID. I like it a lot and it OCs very well for me. I've only had it at 200 fsb for a few days, but it's solid as a rock with maxed out mem timings.

K1