• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

i can't get it past 170 with 1.8V for CPU and 2.8V for ram.
Does this mean I have to unlock to get higher or can I burn
in some more and see?

That's a good processor, I had one, did much higher at default voltages, your temps are just a little high, what type of cooling and what thermal paste did you use?

man Im so mad...I have same Mobo with a 1600 AGOIA 9 and I can only get 160*10.5 out of it...which means I cant even get the next divider to kick in....my temps are a little higher than yours but that isn't the problem because I have tried at very low temps as well...guess I have to unlock it...

alright, i'll try going back to default voltage.

i am using TT2 at max speed with AX7 and artic silver 3.

what should my temps be around?

they use to be around 28/29 idle before i started overclocking
and upping the voltages.

Well you have excellent cooling hardware so I am sure you will be fine. Perhaps you have hit the wall with your processor. You could try using less aggressive memory settings, putting Vcore and VDimm to maximum safe levels, then use SetFSB in Windows to see how high a FSB you can hit before you lockup...

of course you do realize that at 175MHz FSB you are running over 1837Mhz, that a 400+MHz overclock on air, there are guys out there that will kill for those kind of numbers...

Nildey said:
man Im so mad...I have same Mobo with a 1600 AGOIA 9 and I can only get 160*10.5 out of it...which means I cant even get the next divider to kick in....my temps are a little higher than yours but that isn't the problem because I have tried at very low temps as well...guess I have to unlock it...

What is the week of your processor, what memory are you using, and what do have Vcore and Vdimm set to?

I have corsair PC3200 so I shouldn't have any problem with my ram. Aghhh, I don't want to hit the wall yet, I was hoping for 200 FSB. I am using the updated bios, does that matter?

hey ronin, you're in new jersey too? me too, cool!

the 2909 BIOS will let you hit the higher FSB, and your RAM isn't going to be an issue, you should try setting some max voltages and then use setFSB to see just where your wall is...200Mhz FSB might be a little unrealistic, but you could try...

max voltages as in 2+ volts??
i haven't unlock, ya think that'll help me get to a higher FSB?

on air I wouldn't go above 1.9V and keep an eye on your temps, set the Vdimm to 2.80V(above that and you void the waranty)
then boot into windows and use setFSB to up the FSB unto you get a lockup...not were you were and that is probably the wall...

if you unlock you might get higher, hard to say...

i can't find setFSB, do you have the link?
i downloaded softFSB, will that work the same?

Back