• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kha+ Ram question...please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

ok...i have the 8kha+ MB (old...yes...upgrade soon!) but i really need 1gig of ram in there. i currently have 2 256meg sticks and i have 3 slots. is there a problem...as in a MAJOR problem with adding just a 512meg stick to the 3rd slot? has anyone done this with this board? thanks.

chuchII

i've been running an 8kha+ in my linux box for a while now, i don't have a gig of ram but i've got 768.
one 512mb stick of good quality stuff
one 256 stick of the cheepest stuff i could find

i've never pushed a gig with the board before but i've had no problem with mixing sticks on it or filling up all the slots. i don't see why it wouldn't work. you might have to reduce any FSB overclock you have but that would be it.

hope this helps

Cold North

zangler said:
ok...i have the 8kha+ MB (old...yes...upgrade soon!) but i really need 1gig of ram in there. i currently have 2 256meg sticks and i have 3 slots. is there a problem...as in a MAJOR problem with adding just a 512meg stick to the 3rd slot? has anyone done this with this board? thanks.
Im using 1 GB of ram on my Kha+ no problem. you can use up to 1,5 GB of ram max.

Tbred B 2100+ running nicely at 2700+
Epox 8KHA+
512mb Crucial PC3400
256mb Twinmos PC2100
256mb Twinmos PC2100

kimber

the only problem i had with 3 sticks in mine is it lowered my max fsb.but if your not overclocking the buss then it shouldn't be a big deal.