• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ Trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG ONE!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

Hi.... I have a 8KHA+ from about 6 months.. all ok.... then about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the cpu fan start to stop working, the fan is a Dragon Orb 3+ the cpu a xp1600+, I start the computer few hours the mobo alarm start to sound the cpu fan is off, turn off the computer, wait start the computer again, the fan start to work again... but today the alarm sound, turn off the computer, wait 3 hours start the computer... and.... :( it doesn't start at all... no vital sings.. no nothing.... what happend??????????????????????? :( :eh?:
ps bad???? mobo fried??? cpu???? what?????!!!!!!!
the ps is 300 or 350 watts.... please help!!!!!! nothing works

Mobo 8KHA+
CPU xp 1600+
fan Dragon Orb 3+
Mem 512 DDR Kingston 2100
HD IBM deskstar 60gb
PS generic 300 or 350 watts :(

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I'm not sure what the speed and amperage draw of the fan on the Dragon Orb 3 is, but did you have it plugged in to the header on the motherboard? If the fan draws too many amps it can burn out the header and stop working, or possibly mess up the voltage regulation circuit on the mobo.

I connect ALL my fans directly to molex connectors to avoid that problem.

If you had the computer running with no fan it is very possible that the cpu is dead :( unfortunately.

bldegle2

8kha

don't believe the Epox requires the fan to be hooked to the motherboard.

what concerns me is that he has been hammering his CPU without the benefit of the fan working properly for the last couple of weeks.

my vote is for a fried CPU, it took some time, but he did it in.............

and, why o why did you keep running the sucker when the fan wasn't working.

first rule of thumb, any fan in your box can go, but the one that cools the CPU is the IMPORTANT one, case fans, chipset fans, stuff that you have added to aid the box temps can quit working without the consequences of fryage likeyou experienced.

test the CPU in another board first, it is a start.

good luck.

baldy:cool:

OP
Albreck

Albreck

there were no smoke, I'm gona try the mobo and CPU somewhere else see what's going on.... also the psu was a generic 300watts... think was the psu..... well hope so....

EluSiOn

It should be the PS... because I have similiar problem like you. I have to ground my system (turn of the ps, unplug the power cable from ps, reset the power outlet) then I can boot again. you need at least 350w to get your system have a stable power using the Epox mobo