• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KNXP non ultra - good or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

i was jsut wondering, why people are goign for the ic7's or the asus boards over this one? this isnt that expencive ( probably the same price as the ic7-G ) It has many cool features, and has a cool overclock. why does everone always keep on going for the ic7 over this? does this board have any known problems with it? because i have my min dset on gettin thi board. But then everyone is saying to go with either the asus or abit. why? and btw, does anyone have any links of reviews of the 8KNXP non-ultra ? comparing it to boards such as the Ic7-G or the asus?

raven

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Abit and Asus have proven themselfs as they deliver time and time again. And with the top overclocks going out to Abit and Asus almost everytime (just check the CPU DATABASE ....

I think that speaks for itself

BaldHeadedDork

Agreed that Asus and Abit have great reputations, Jay, but you can make a strong case that Gigabyte has been better over the last couple of product cycles. Asus has problems overclocking their most recent boards and Abit's capacitor problems with the 845PE boards are well known.

Gigabyte lags slightly (but only slightly) in overclocking tests. But their reliability record has been better, and I don't think you can beat the feature set for the price. The Giga boards from the 8IEXP forward have been my choice for the best "real world" P4 boards.

I like the 8KNXP, but I'm waiting to see how the GA-8PENXP 865PE lines up.

BHD

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Abit is not the only one with bad caps. They all suffer from that problem and we can thank the quality of Taiwans Cap industry for that one....

Gigibyte makes good boads IMHO, but not great boards...

I would list them in my #2 ranks of boards to buy along with Epox and Iwill.. You just need to be carefull of what boards you get from these ones as they are not all geared towards us