• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ How much °C differ between intern and extern tempdiode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taisho

Hi,

as known the 8RDA+ measure the cpu-temp external, so i wanted to know how much °C i have to add on the shown cpu-temp to gain the real intern CPU- Temp. i heard much different opions, some say they about 10, 15 or even 20°C more....

Greetz

Jarhead7236

i've read 15, also...but it's been said that it could be higher...personally, i use 15, tho....

dimicchh

Registered
what doeas that mean?

lets say its 20°C up. doeat that mean that i am going to fry my chip when the sensor reads 75°C (75+20=95=over the limit of an amd cpu)?

Chixofnix

i've always assumed 10 degrees, but if it's 20 (and i'm not saying it is) then yes you will eventually fry your chip as you approach readings near 80... though I wonder are you REALLY getting readings that high? (highest I've ever seen is 52 w/ the stinky stock HS that came w/ my barton 2500+)...