• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ With C1 Stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoGeo

I just helped my friend put together his new system, he has a rev 1.1 8rda+ with the C1 stepping. To my disgust, I went immediately to 200fsb, b/c this stepping is supposed to support it in anticipation of Bartons with 200fsb, and it would not post :confused:

Backed it down to 166fsb and no problems.

Ian

NeoGeo said:
I just helped my friend put together his new system, he has a rev 1.1 8rda+ with the C1 stepping. To my disgust, I went immediately to 200fsb, b/c this stepping is supposed to support it in anticipation of Bartons with 200fsb, and it would not post :confused:

Backed it down to 166fsb and no problems.

You did remember to lower the multiplier right? :D

I also have a C1 here and it does 200FSB no sweat, but it has some wierd behaviour.

With a 5x multiplier, it will do 225FSB, however it'll not run any higher than 200FSB when CPU is at 2.2GHz (which's the highest my 1700+ will do at 1.65V). :(

EspElement

how do you know what rev number you got , i sent back my old one and replaced it , and i got a new one from newegg a week ago. do you guys have any idea what rev i got , or where i can find that number, i got the newest bios 5/07/03 , 3507.bin,
it says it will support the 400fsb , but that is cause of the bio, can you guys help?

Ian

EspElement said:
how do you know what rev number you got , i sent back my old one and replaced it , and i got a new one from newegg a week ago. do you guys have any idea what rev i got , or where i can find that number, i got the newest bios 5/07/03 , 3507.bin,
it says it will support the 400fsb , but that is cause of the bio, can you guys help?

Try to run WCPUID or CPU-Z and look at the chipset information, if stepping/revision says C1, then you have a nForce2 400 Ultra.

EspElement

AWEOSME it is man, that is so bad ***!!!! thanx for you help, its a 05/07/03 board which is C1, also got a VDD mod on it i just added when i got it, you think it can get 216? or no?

NeoGeo

Ian said:

You did remember to lower the multiplier right? :D

I also have a C1 here and it does 200FSB no sweat, but it has some wierd behaviour.

With a 5x multiplier, it will do 225FSB, however it'll not run any higher than 200FSB when CPU is at 2.2GHz (which's the highest my 1700+ will do at 1.65V). :(

Of course I did:) His 2100+ does 2700+ speeds easy, so I set the multiplier to 10.5x and the fsb at 200, 2.1GHz (a tad less than 2700+ speed). No post.

EspElement-- If you want to know your motherboard revision you have to check for the white lettered Rev X.X marking on the lower left of the motherboard, right by the last PCI slot. It might also say the revision on the serial# sticker on the box, not sure though.

EspElement

says rev 1.1!!!!!! awesome ****, i am so happy just cause i was about to buy a new epox 8rda3, but since this runs 200 fsb i dont need it, :) thanx for you help guys.

EspElement

you bought a ****ing 3200? why man? you can clock the 2500 there easy with that board, is it a fast cpu? i bet it ****in is

Ian

Just found out that if you set the CPU Interface (in Advanced Chipset features) to Aggressive, it gives a higher FSB overclocking.

Got me to 220FSB now with a C1 stepping 8RDA.

jobo

Registered
i got a3 stepping with a very good 222mhz! 222 x 10 @ 1.63v vcore. ; )