• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda3+ issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

I am having issues and I can only speculate it is my mobo.

I am trying to run at 217 bus with the rig in my sig. (AMD of course) I get desktop crashes while playing games like Wolfenstein ET or BF1942.

My Proc should be fine as I have run faster than 217*10.5 and my ram is at stock so I am sure it is fine. Even if I lower my multi I have same prob. At 200, however, I seem to be ok so this is why i assume board.

My nb voltage was set to 1.8v and I still have stabilty issues. I still use stock passive cooling so I lowered the voltage back down to 1.6v to rule out heat issues.

Anyone have a similar setup? What can this board handle for fsb?

Hi!
I had same problems before ...
Try with relaxed memory timings..
I lowered mine from 2-3-3-8 to 2-4-4-8
Try first with high FSB and low multiblyer to be sure...

Which version do you have...V 2.x have active NB cooling
and small passive heatsink on the SB.

If you still have standart Epox heatsink on NB so try
cool it with x-tra fan.. Place 80mm over NB/Mosfets and
you will notice a big difference with onboad temps
i needed to do so with my MSI K7N2 board.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I have a Tornado that has so much airflow that I believe it cools the nb, ram and about anything in the general vicinity ;) I still plan on putting a small fan and/or removing the 'sink and lapping and applying AS3.

Back