• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$900 for a 1 month old MSI GE72 Apache-096?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

90VetteDan

Registered
I found someone willing to sell me a 1 month old MSI GE72 Apache-096 for $900. The specs can be found at the Newegg link below:

https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA24G57M0436/specs

Is this a good/fair price or should I be able to get it for even less? Its sole purpose will be for playing games like Overwatch. Will it even serve its purpose well or is there a better option for a $900 pricepoint? I do own a desktop but I need something that will allow me to play games while traveling. Thanks for everyone's input!

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Sorry the link didn't work properly, but judging between the 1200-1300 price of the laptops I do see. Course $300 off on a laptop seems great like that. Nice i7 7700k, 120Mhz Panel (note not G-Sync or IPS).

GPU of only a 1050 so not sure how well that will play out overall with gaming. I know I've been looking around and at least a 1060/1060TI seems more recommended.
Course for traveling its going to be big... but at around 6lbs not vastly heavy.