• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm fans work great in Chieftecs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giblet Plus!

wentao-inside.jpg

No more ugly fan holders.
:)

sandman001

Just Freeze It
hmmm.....after you add a fan connector it jacks up the price, plus the shipping is probably going to cast 10 bucks.........

OP
Giblet Plus!

Giblet Plus!

You connect them by hooking them up to a molex you already have. None of the panaflows in the pic came with molexes.

This thread was originally about Chieftec cases and 92mm fans, but I got asked for a cheap place to get the fans. :D

fiji

i wish i had known about this about 4 hours ago when i just placed an order with newegg lol :/

larva

Inactive Moderator
Those fans aren't panaflos. They are NMB 3610KL-04W-B40. This is a 2850rpm 92mm fan rated at 50.8cfm and 34dBA. I have two of them fitted to the back of my Chieftec tower and they do a fine job. They have a bit of a noise to them, but not bad for the air volume delivered. I bought the wire grills on mine, adds 20 cents making it a 59 cent assembly. The grills are attached with those nifty little plastic button retainers. They are very high quality fans. They are perhaps one speed grade higher than I would normally use, a flaw easily excused considering the economy involved.

http://www.nmbtc.com/pdf/dcfans/dc3610kl_v.pdf

Last edited:

ONE

You can't beat that deal, I got 14 of those babys with grills on the way!
Total was only $15.57 including shipping:cool:

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
this thread is kind of old now, but for those of you who bought these 39cent wonders (i got 15) if you want rpm monitering the fans support them. if you pull the label off of the back you will see a third solder point next to the 12v and ground, i hooked up one fan and used a wire to touch that third lead to the fan rpm sensor on one of my computers and it reports at ~2850rpms.

Stephan

Registered
How exactly do you mount these on the Chieftec case? I assume you take out the plastic 80 mm mounts but how do you secure the fans?

Another question I have about the Chieftec case.....What is that other plastic thingamabob next to the hard drive mounts?