• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm fans work great in Chieftecs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anybody?!!?

(The only stupid question is the one that you already know the answer to)

i hacked my case and riveted in new sheet metal for the 92s, and that little peice of plastic behind the hdd cages as far as i could tell, is just for routing the wires from the front panel

I've ordered those fans 3 times, and on 2 of the orders, they came with the grilles on them for free. They are quite good, especially considering the price.

Supertrucker, thanks for the info about the tach sensing, I didn't know about that.

steve

the plastic thing in the front of the case is a card holder for EXTREMELY long cards, o hold them in place and heep the weight of the card from breaking or warping itself, and make it safer to transport. i have only used one of them things with 1 card, an old ISA speech synthesizer. you can take it outta the case, it dont hurt anything.

and BTW, i just ordered 20 of these fans, 10 68 shipping, total of $18.46 im gonna have these everywhere in my room LOL. i'll have them stacked in my case, a few blowholes, stacked LOL. i dunno where i'll manage to put them....

geez.. what do you need 20 fans for... I am waiting for the aluminum ones to come down in price a bit. but this is a good deal. might have to keep it in mind.

What? Are you kidding? As soon as you get those fans, you'll find ALL kinds of things to do with 'em. I've got 18 in my Lego case, just for ventilation, 9 blowing in the radiator, and 9 more on the other side, as exhaust fans.

In my rigs, all of the motherboards are flat, and I will hang a fan on one of the waterblock screws, and have them over the northbridge, or the MOSFETs.

steve

Got any pictures with the fans removed? Me and a friend are intrested in doing the same thing.

Back