• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500pro ATI built

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweaker

ok ok ok heres a question for those of whom possess the ultimate video card knowledge! I just got a 9500 pro radeon (ATI)
and noticed while inspecting there seems to be a jumper (setting for?) that isnt mentioned anywhere. Does anyone out there know why they are there and what hidden secrets they hide?
You guys are the heat! I appreciate how you all jump in to help a fellow out!
SYSTEM: just built,
A7n8X DELUXE ASUS MOBO w/ 1004 new BIOS UPDATE!
512M ocz el ddr 3500 ram ( THE HEAT DUDES!) DUAL CHANNEL
AMD 2500 barton w/512 c proc (we clocked it from 1833mhz to 2375 on that new MOBO!) not board mods YET! 386 FSB! too much, luv that mobo!
Radeon 9500 pro (to be modded soon!)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 plat w/ live drive
19" Sony flat screen monitor (PLUS a built on the side swivel out 13"flat screen TV that clones the other monitor or watch bad movies while playing) stupid nasty eh?
Water Cooled with a 226w pelt on the dangerDen Maze2 blockon the proc. Water cooled vid card and north bridge also.
And we lit it up like the Griswolds house on christmas!
Custom painted the case and we're tired...
WANT TO MOD THE 9500PRO, can you all help????

There is a post in this section that has been sticky'd and is all about flashing your 9500pro bios so it can be overclocked.. i did mine last night.. all i will say is "wow". :eek:

Apart from the fact it detects as a 9700pro now, i am able to bump the settings up with no additional cooling either.
gl hf man :D

ok dude! thanx! We flashed the BIOS and now shows as a 9700pro! Went from 12513 3d mark to 15002!!!!!!! NOW WE NEED TO VOLT MOD!!!!! ANYONE????

SEE ya!

That jumper is for switching between NTSC and PAL, which is basically "Sold in North America" and "Sold elsewhere"...dont touch it ;)

Whoa I just bought a system that has a 9500 pro...

you are telling me that if I flash the bios on that thing, it will read as a 9700 pro and be much faster?

and it won't over heat?

Well, based on what i've read, yes your system will pick it up as a 9700pro..

BUT if you up the memory timings and core speed the card will produce more heat.. depending on how high you clock it.

Then why is it faster and the card rns at 340 core and 650Mem??????????????? In turn it is a 9700pro in spirit!
hehehehehehehe

The Kahoots Brothers!!!!

SEE YA!

Just because its the card in spirit.. doesn't make it true..

If i was superman in spirit.. doesn't mean i can fly off a building... and stay in the air...

:p

Dude, you are Superman, You just don't know!

Stay Cool!

RAD AND TWEAKER~

Thank you for your support, but the problem is.. I can't RMA myself if I get broken

:(

Back