• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9500pro fan stopped working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homicsbane

Today i just realized the fan on my 9500pro is no longer working. I dont see how it could have happened. I cleared all teh dust away and check to make sure it was not coming off but it seems ok. The card still works, but it gets as hot as my old Voodoo3 used to!! Could I RMA the card (its a sapphire OEM)? or should I get a new cooler for it?

I would get a new cooler for it. I got the Zalmans Heatpipe (The bigger version for my 9700 Pro) It works awesome, I get another 15 mhz out of my gpu and 10mhz out of my memory since I got it. I think it would be a good choice if ur looking for a fanless solution. If not then go with a CoolJag:p

if its one of thosue little fans ( not intergrated into a heatsink ) you can get small fans at radio shack and just splice it in and secure it with a screw or something into the fin of the heatsink

that is what i had to do when my north bridge fan went

Do what my friend did
Mod your p4 intel fan, and hang it over your card
Works like a charm, according to him

Back