• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9600XT Bios flash?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

Can a sapphire 9600XT be bios flashed to make the overclock permenent? If so can someone point me to a howto, and where to get a bios? OR can someone use a hex editor or whatever to change the bios for me? I have riva tuner and under poweruser theres some edits. They are for the OC i have on the card now. Are those the values i would have to change in bios?

I dont like software OCing, so id like to OC the hardware itself.

Any help would be great!

Harry

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Thats cool,

But can you point me to a hou to? or an editor?. The riva tuner isnt all that stable, and i know i can get more out of this card.

Harry

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Thanks steven, But guess theres no bios for a

9600. But i did DL the hex edotor incase i want to try my own editing.

Thanks again.

Harry

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

That would be cool, But dont

kill yourself doing it. Right now im fine at stock. But a bios with clocks set higher would be great. Thanks man.

Harry

=ACID RAIN=

Harry, use radedit to edit the clock values. I have a BIOS as well, right here:
http://acid-reflux.game-server.cc/apps/9600xt.bin
I flashed with this BIOS already (I extracted it from my card as well) when i tried editing CAS values for the memory to overclock higher and borked my card until i flashed back over. That being the case, it's a known good BIOS.

The card itself is a sapphire atlantis 9600XT with 128MB ram and a 500 core/650 mem clock value.

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Very cool Thanks.

Now, Alls i have to do is do a flash useing the ATI flash utility? If thats the case I have to hook up my Floppy. LOL. Thats cool i was going to hook it back up anyway. So basically i do the flash like i would a 9500NP to 9700? Same steps but use the 9600xt bios?.

Harry

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

NO

Your XT is already Clocked way faster than a 9700, And you do not have the extra 4 pipes to enable on the XT. So The answer is no.

Harry

=ACID RAIN=

Re: Very cool Thanks.

harryinny3 said:
Now, Alls i have to do is do a flash useing the ATI flash utility? If thats the case I have to hook up my Floppy. LOL. Thats cool i was going to hook it back up anyway. So basically i do the flash like i would a 9500NP to 9700? Same steps but use the 9600xt bios?.

Harry

Something like that harry. Just type in "atiflash" at the prompt and it'll list your available switches. Generally you'll do
A:\>atiflash -p 0 bios.bin
Where
0 is your adapter number and bios.bin is your bios file.

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Cool thanks.

Seems the rage3d tweak just doesnt do the job. I used a Bios editor on the bios you gave. Upped core to 550 and mem is at 350 and saved bios. Will try flash after i figure out how to make bootable CD. That bios is for a 2.8ns memory right? I have the fireblade edition.

Harry

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Welp Acid, I have a problem.

I extracted the bios from my card and edited it and saved it. tried a flash 4 times and when i go and do, flashrom -i it gives details on my card. Guess what. The bios is locked. Grrrrr major bummer, so it wont flash. But anthoo, I wrote sapphire about redline. I got a copy and lost the cdkey. They replied in a half hour and gave me a key. VERY cool. I have used this utility all morning. Its a great utility. I like the ease of use of overclocking profiles for each game through the .exe of the game. Its pretty cool that the card will OC when the game starts(to clocks i set) And then unclock after game closes. Ive gotten a good boost with this utility. I bit better that rage and riva.

If you need to know more Shoot me a PM.

Later

Harry

Last edited: