• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 and dvi on a HDTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

ok i just recently bought a new hdtv. it is the sony KV-34HS510 if that helps. now it has a dvi input on it, so i was wonering if anyone else has used their 9700 on their tv. can i just plug it right into the dvi port, or will i need any adaptors. also what res should i use, its a widescreen so i am not sure what res to use, my tv supports all the standard formats, 420p, 720p, 1080i. i amnot sure what res the 9700 supports, i am assuming a res of 720x405 would be optimal since it would be sticking to the 16x9 ratio, just curious to see what you guys think.

Be sure and post again, letting us know how you make out. I've been wanting to get an HDTV myself. One of the main reasons is to hook it to my PC. I'm mostly curious about how readable text is on it, also how does gaming look.

peace.
unloaded

well ive never gamed on an hdtv, but I have gamed on a standard definition 36" tv, and I have to say it was quite enjoyable even on the lower rez screen. Doing thing in windows wasn't TOO bad either, since I know where most everything is on my computer being able to read in crisp clear letters isnt humongously important

Back