• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 fried? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jade Falcon

I just put together a new computer and was installing my sapphire 9700 pro from my other computer, I swapped them from old computer to new computer a few times. So then when I went to boot up the new system all I get is a white screen with little colored squares that flicker. Is my video card fried? I tried installing it on different motherboards/monitors and it does the same thing so it must be the video card. Is there anyway to fix this or is it a physical problem? :(

Sentential

Contributing Member
return it to the person / store you bought it. It is obviosuly DOA (dead on arrival)

However......what MB are you using. That may be the problem, (since there is pic coming from the card) it may not be the card. Check you MB settings

xanderjobizzle

i just had to return my Radion 9700 pro b/c of the same problem. I was so ****ed! I got the new one its fine i love it so much now that it works.

-Xander

P.S. where did u get the card from?

OP
J

Jade Falcon

I bought it from around June and it worked fine so it's obviously not DOA. Its just weird...when I transfered the video card to the new computer it just stopped working and gives these columns of grey flashing squares against a white background.

I suppose, could it be, that it absorbed some static? Is so, do you think it would be able to be repaired?

Funny thing is, I dont remember where I bought it lol. Does ATI do repairs to cards from partners or only cards that they make?

Thanks.

Sentential

Contributing Member
...im telling you CHECK YOUR MB settings. I had the same problem with a 5200FX (exact same). Check that Fastwrite is off