• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 PRO problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkaGoatMaster

I have a Radeon 9700 PRO 128 MB and a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP mobo.

I can't make it run, it will post, load Windows, load the 2.4 cats. but once I run 3D Mark, it freezes up, it freezes in any game. I think it's a 8X AGP problem. I'm just wondering if you guys know a fix for it... I don't really wanna spend time on the phone with ATi tech support cuz it's not even toll free.... so any help would be appreciated.

Ghost68

try it in agp4x mode 8x isnt any faster in todays games and only causes problems... also if you are overclocking set everything back to stock... make sure you install the via 4 in 1's BEFORE you install the ati catalys drivers...

PreservedSwine

Make sure you have the ATI control panel installeed. It is a different download than the CAT's.

After you have the control panel installed, go into it, and look under your "SMART-GART" tab. Change your AGP to 4x. Enjoy

boonmar

that is why I didn't get that board. went with the vrxp instead. You might want to download the lastest bios, they are up to F11 now for the vrxp board, should check it out.

Disabled
it's almost always a voltage problem. those are some pretty hefty devices! You might wana cheak your 3.3V and 5V rails

Ghost68

i had to turn fastwrites off
i also had to set my agp aperature to 256mb...
i cant use agp8x cause my board doesnt support it... but those are the 2 settings that really helped stability...