• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 pro to 9800pro is it worth it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moeshka

Registered
i have a sapphire 9700pro and wanted peoples opinions on wether its worth to upgrade to a 9800 pro. Im returning the 9700 pro as i've had problems with it (lots of green lines on the desktop every (approx.) 10th boot).

Is it worth spending another £60 for the 9800 pro instead of just swapping my card for a new 9700 pro?

thanks

USAPGAPRO

I heard somewhere on the fourms that ATI is planning on releasing 3 new card sometime this fall/winter. If anything you should wait till they come out and the prices will plummet on the 9800's.

stan03

USAPGAPRO said:
I heard somewhere on the fourms that ATI is planning on releasing 3 new card sometime this fall/winter. If anything you should wait till they come out and the prices will plummet on the 9800's.

wait WHAT?!! i heard the next card was a 9900 and thats not coming out until another year or so